ClickTale Support Forums

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:54 am 

Now we're getting 404 Page not Found errors on just about all of our recordings. Previously, this was intermittent within valid recordings, however, they are all now returning 404. Is the SQL server database caching recommended for this circumstance? Are there any limitations to this scenario? Our company has purchased a subscription, however, this has not yet taken effect. Our recordings have run out for the trial. Could we possibly get a boost to test out the SQL cache?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

You are getting 404 because the following url returns 404 from your server:
http://www.lifelinescreening.com/ClickTaleCache.ashx
It was previously redirecting. What kind of modifications have you made to your site that may be related?

The SQL caching mode will not resolve this issue. You need to have your development team to look at why our handler can't respond to the requests.

Regarding the subscription that you have purchased. We have no record of any payment related to the account that you are using on the website in question. Perhaps you have more than one account. Please send me any usernames you might be using or a proof of purchase via a personal message (PM).

Regards,
Arik.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:59 pm 

the marketing team is currently speaking with your people about the payment and I'll let them work that out.

As far as previously redirecting, we couldn't get any recordings that way, so we added the dummy file and recordings started happening. Recordings are still happening, it's just that visibly on each page record, it's at a 404 page.

This may help:

We're running Windows 2008 R2 64-bit
IIS 7.0
.NET 3.5
utilizing the ASP.NET integration module
we are utilizing the URL rewrite module
we have included the xml file, our dummy ashx file, the integration module dll
we have the following sections in our web.config:

in the configSection tag:
<section name="ClickTale.IntegrationModuleSettings" type="System.Configuration.SingleTagSectionHandler"/>

between configSection and appSettings:
<ClickTale.IntegrationModuleSettings
ScriptsFile="~\ClickTaleScripts.xml"
DoNotProcessCookieName="WRUID"
DoNotProcessCookieValue ="0"
MaxCachedPages="100"
AllowedAddresses ="75.125.82.64/26"/>
<!-- note, this stands for 75.125.82.64 - 75.125.82.127 -->

in the httpModules section:
<add name="ClickTaleIntegrationModule" type="ClickTale.IntegrationModule.ClickTaleIntegrationModule, ClickTaleIntegrationModule" />

I've also included a portion of our rewrite rules section:
<rewrite>
<rules>
<clear />
<!--<rule name="Convert URL to Lower Case" stopProcessing="true">
<match url=".*[A-Z].*" ignoreCase="false" />
<conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll" />
<action type="Redirect" url="{ToLower:{R:0}}" redirectType="Permanent" />
</rule>-->

<rule name="Canonical Host Name - Redirect Default.aspx" patternSyntax="Wildcard" stopProcessing="true">
<match url="default.aspx" />
<action type="Redirect" url="/" redirectType="Permanent" />
</rule>

<rule name="Convert URL to Lower Case" stopProcessing="true">
<match url=".*[A-Z].*" ignoreCase="false" />
<conditions>
<add input="{URL}" negate="true" pattern="\.axd$" />
<add input="{URL}" negate="true" pattern="\.ashx$" />
</conditions>
<action type="Redirect" url="{ToLower:{R:0}}" redirectType="Permanent" />
</rule>

<rule name="0020" stopProcessing="true">
<match url="^prepare/pages/index\.aspx$" />
<action type="Redirect" url="health-screening-services/prepare-for-your-screening.aspx" redirectType="Permanent" />
</rule>

and then quite a few other specific redirects for specific pages, much like the one above, which I can forward, if necessary.

in the system.webserver modules section:
<add name="ClickTaleIntegrationModule" type="ClickTale.IntegrationModule.ClickTaleIntegrationModule" preCondition="managedHandler" />

Please let me know if I'm missing something.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

At this time, http://www.lifelinescreening.com/clicktalecache.ashx results in a 200 response (probably from the dummy file) but http://www.lifelinescreening.com/ClickTaleCache.ashx still results a 404 response.
Please check the exact casing of the dummy file name.

Regards,
Arik.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:54 am 

We have verified that the ClickTaleCache.ashx dummy file is camel case as indicated. I have a screen shot of our directory if you'd like me to forward it to you. Why should this matter anyway, since IIS files are NOT cAsE SeNsiTive? Where do we go from here?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am 
Site Admin

Hi Shannon,

It is hard to say as we have very little insight to what happens once the request goes inside your server.
Please send me a personal message with your contact data and I will escalate this issue.

Regards,
Arik.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:13 am 

We're having this same issue, but with a different error coming up to any of those you've mentioned. Error messages are like this:

Bad response from remote server: 403 - Request from unauthorized ip: OUR_CACHE_SERVER_IP, user agent: ClickTale bot.

Corrupt end, Bad response from remote server: 403 - Request from unauthorized ip: OUR_CACHE_SERVER_IP, user agent: ClickTale bot.

Bad response from remote server: 403 - Forbidden

The IP address specified is actually that of a cache server which is part of our multi-server setup. It stands with a firewall and loadbalancer in front of our two web servers.

Any ideas what the problem is and how we can resolve it? Requests for the pages are obviously working fine in people's web browsers.

Many thanks,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:04 pm 

Hi ,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this issue.

To properly examine this issue for your account - please log in to your ClickTale account, click on Help > Contact Support to submit a support ticket - and use that form to open a ticket with our support team - and we'll be happy to assist any way we can.

Regards,