ClickTale Support Forums

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:43 am 

Hi,

I can't get the scripts to work because of varnish cache (a page that bypasses the cache on my website works fine)

I tried adding $config['IPAddressHeaderFieldName'] = "X-Forwarded-For"; to config.php (varnish is configured to show real IP of visitor) and also $config['AllowedAddresses'] = I tried

"128.199.209.44"; my server IP
59.189.165.126 the IP i see in the error message Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Request from unauthorized ip: 59.189.165.126
75.125.82.64/26 50.97.162.64/26 the IP rage I saw in the documentation

None of those works, any help is appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:51 am 

Hello franco434,

It is my understanding that you are having some trouble trying to set up our PHP integration module. Before going into troubleshooting mode, can you please let me know if your application (website) has any session/POST pages. I am asking because if none of these exist, such an integration might not be necessary. (It's best if you could provide a link to the domain in question, unless it's an offline environment). We might also opt to use a different (and simpler) method if your do have session/POST pages.

Generally, when dealing with Varnish, you will have to create an if condition inside the ClickTaleScripts.xml to have the module rely on retrieving cached pages only for those pages that are not cached on Varnish (usually session pages such as the checkout journey). But let's see the site fist and I think we'll probably be able to find a simpler solution here.

I look forward to hearing back from.

Sergei

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:28 am 

Hi Sergei,

Thanks for your answer. For some reason I never received a notification on my inbox :(.

My site is herbolab.com, I need sessions for the shopping cart I guess.

I removed the scripts because they were causing white screen of death, but you can check the status from the installation index file

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:57 am 

Hello franco434,
I'll be glad to assist you with this issue going forward.
I went ahead and adjusted your server-side tracking code to utilize a simpler method of recording your website, including your session based pages.
Please go ahead and disable or entirely remove the integration module at this point and generate standard tracking code from within the current project in your account and
place both the top and bottom tracking code onto the source code of your pages. (top code should be as high as possible towards the top of the <body> and the bottom code should
go as low in the body as possible, preferably right above the closing </body> tag.
Once done you should start seeing recordings coming into this project.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions on this or if you run into any issues and I'll be glad to assist you further.
Thanks and best regards,
Alex K
ClickTale Support