ClickTale Support Forums

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:22 am 

There can be a number of reasons that ClickTale may not be recording your site’s traffic. Here are some of the most common reasons why and their solutions:

1. The code is not implemented properly
    You should check your page’s source code to ensure that the ClickTale tracking code is present.

Another option is to run ClickTale debug. You can do this by adding ?ct=enable,debug (for URLs without parameters) or &ct=enable,debug (for URLs with parameters) to the end of the URL in the browser address bar and hit enter. This will open up a dialog (if ClickTale is present) which will tell you if your site is being recorded or not.

2. Your recording ratio is too low
    If you set too low of a recording ratio, it may take a while until a visitor is chosen for recording. If this is the case, you may want to increase your recording ratio. Please visit viewtopic.php?f=2&t=548&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a for directions.

3. You need an integration module
    If ClickTale is not caching your html or you are getting “302 errors”, this is most likely a case where you need to use one of our integration modules. This usually happens for dynamic sites such as ecommerce sites. The integration modules are found in our Implementing ClickTale forum, you should choose a module based on your site’s architecture or platform.

4. You've used up your daily recording quota
    Each type of ClickTale plan has a monthly recording quota. To ensure balanced recording throughout the month, ClickTale automatically distributes this quota daily.

For instance, if your monthly quota is 20,000 recorded pageviews, you will be given a daily quota of 667 pageviews that refreshes every 24 hours from the time you started your subscription. Once the quota is used up, ClickTale will stop recording until the next daily refill (quota is weekly for free accounts).

You can view your remaining quota by logging into your ClickTale account and clicking on the “View quota” link on the left side of the page.

5. You've used up your domain tracking quota
    The number of domains you can track simultaneously depends on your plan type. You can view your domain tracking quota as well as choose which domains to track in your “Manage domains” page. You can access this page by logging into your ClickTale account and clicking on the “Manage domains” link on the left side of the page.

6. You’ve modified the code
    If you have modified the ClickTale tracking code, please be sure that the path to our JS file is left intact and/or points to the physical location of the file.

If you still can’t get ClickTale to record, you can:
  • Post your question in our Troubleshooting forum
  • Use the Support page found in the Help tab of your account (paying customers only)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:39 am 

Your information is very helpful for the newbies like us. Keep it up. I am new in this forum and I looking for introduction threads for newbies here. Sorry if it is not the place. I hope you members will co-operate.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:12 pm 

thanks!
?ct=enable,debug
was a big help in figuring out why my site wasn't recording

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:46 am 

i received this error in the debug toolbar

note1: entering debug mode, ClickTale script is installed
note2: preparing to record (ver 11.5) for project id 5044
note3: recording all visitors to this page
error2: unable to record because either there are no credits for project or communication may be down

i am using windows xp, html file, firefox 3.6.3 and i am pretty sure in my dashboard i see 100 recordings left.. what could be the possible reasons communication may be down? is there anything i missed out?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:59 am 

Please use this special link: http://subs.clicktale.net/CustomerSupport.aspx?ticket=832 to send a ticket to our support team, so we can investigate this matter further. Please note your password in the ticket, as well as a URL where you received this debug message.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:58 pm 

Recordings aren't being created on our site, except when I force it record using the ?ct=enable in the url, then it works fine and I see recordings. We have installed the js code at http://solidsurface.com and it is showing in the source properly. I set the recording ratio to 100% (1.0) to be sure that it was set to record every user, but it still doesn't seem to be working. I've given it lots of time over the last couple of days, and I know we are getting visitors. Can anyone help, provide insight? Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:17 am 
Site Admin

krlecarp wrote:
Recordings aren't being created on our site, except when I force it record using the ?ct=enable in the url, then it works fine and I see recordings. We have installed the js code at solidsurface.com and it is showing in the source properly. I set the recording ratio to 100% (1.0) to be sure that it was set to record every user, but it still doesn't seem to be working. I've given it lots of time over the last couple of days, and I know we are getting visitors. Can anyone help, provide insight? Thanks!

Hey krlecarp,

I couldn't find the tracking code in the url you have mentioned. Please review.

Arik.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:47 pm 

Interesting service - the heatmap might be neat to see but I'm still getting no recordings after several days - I used the suggested ratio. Looks to me like the code is in place - any thoughts?

site is http://www.tennispensacola.com/

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:58 am 

Hello Hav,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The recording ratio you currently have on your homepage (http://www.tennispensacola.com/) is set to record approximately 1 of every 145 visitors to this page. Therefore, depending on the traffic volume that you site receives, it may take some time until a visitor is actually selected for recording.

I suggest to increase the recording ratio, since I was able to manually force a successful recording of myself using the following URL: http://www.tennispensacola.com/?ct=enable,debug which means that everything else is in order.

Sergei

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:30 am 

Hi Sergei - and thanks - yes, I set it to what was suggested but maybe I had just not waited long enough - there have been 13 or so recordings now so all good. Still looking at the free demo but it looks pretty neat so far - especially the playback feature - nice!

Thanks again - K

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:16 am 

Hi guys!
The code isn't working on my website niether. I wrote "?ct=enable,debug" at the end of the address and I had this note:

note1: entering debug mode, ClickTale script is installed
note2: preparing to record (ver 13.7) for project id 12695
note3: recording approximately 1 of every 4 visitors to this page
error2: unable to record because either there are no credits for project, the domain is not checked in the account's "Manage Domains" section or communication is down

What could it be?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:32 am 

Hello,

This message usually indicates one of the following:

1. The domain you are trying to record is not checked for recording under the "Manage Domains" section of your account. Only domains that are checked will be recorded at any given time. It is important to note that ClickTale treats www.domain.com and domain.com as distinct domains so that the page you are trying to force a recording on must correlate with the domain checked for recording.

2. Your account has run out of its daily quota (which depends in your subscription) and you need to wait for the next quota regeneration.

Finally, if you are still experiencing problems, kindly provide the URL of the page and grant support access to your account by choosing "Account Management" on the left and then clicking "Edit Account Info." From there, please activate the checkbox that states: "Allow ClickTale Support to access my account" and click the Save button to apply the setting.

Regards,

Sergei

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:40 am 

I think I got the problem!
I was working on my website on my computer before upload it on the web, so I have clicktale code on 2 domains: the local and the web one.
On the "Manage Domains" tab I have two domains, but it should just check the web one.

I deleted clicktale code from the local website but nothing change on my "Manage Domains" tab.
What I should do?
Thanks a lot!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:36 am 

Hello,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to sort it out!

Once a domain is added to the list, it cannot be removed, but that's not a problem. Just don't check it, as long as you don't want to record from it.

Sergei

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:08 am 

Sergei wrote:
Hello,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to sort it out!

Once a domain is added to the list, it cannot be removed, but that's not a problem. Just don't check it, as long as you don't want to record from it.

Sergei

What do you mean with "check it"?

Now it still doesn't work, I think for this problem...