ClickTale Support Forums

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Record AJAX interactions
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:31 am 

ClickTale doesnt' show the HTML changes created by an AJAX action.

So if someone clicks my login button, the recording does not show the dialog box that pops up.

Is there a way to get ClickTape to recognize changes in the DOM?

If it helps, I'm using the prototype window class: http://prototype-window.xilinus.com/

My site (gallery.trippin-sweet.com) makes extensive use of the scriptaculous and prototype libraries for important actions.

For example, I'd like to use ClickTale to show me how users interact with the uploads page, but it can't because that page has multiple ajax calls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:52 am 
Site Admin

Hi cruxop,

AJAX might be a problem, but we have a new API call that may help you with DHTML sutff. See ClickTaleExec at http://forum.clicktale.net/viewtopic.php?t=5 . It really opens up a lot of opportunities.

GTG, will post a follow up later.

Arik.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:36 pm 
Site Admin

ClickTale and AJAX:

We are trying to prevent any activity that my cause a side effect to your site. As a result we don't want to invoke any AJAX requests because we don't know what side effect they might have. The user might want to click on a "vote' button. That doesn't mean that this button actually has to be clicked during playback. In addition to that, XHR calls will not go through because of cross domain limitations.
However, with ClickTaleExec you can simulate the visual result of user DHTML actions such as hiding/showing of elements, style changes and so on.

We are always open to suggestion of how ClickTale could work better with AJAX. Please let us know if you have any suggestions.

Regards,
Arik.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:20 pm 

This suite is pretty slick! I like it lots! I'm gonna have to get the SSL upgrade and buy a few hundred more movies per week to get a real good feel for what's happening on our site.

I also have AJAX interaction. OSCommerce variant osCMax running a Lightbox script for a popup lightbox holding an image on a click event. User interaction with this AJAX lightbox is limited to clicking on the 'Close' button. (I was considering an AJAX login window myself...

It would be nice if this tool could accomodate AJAX in the future. Since I don't follow your technical reasons, I'll just throw out the opinion.

Lightboxes in action are on product pages at www.ohiobeads.com.

Regards,

Paul B.
Maineville, Ohio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:06 pm 

I agree. We were planning to use this tool to optimize a form that we require our users to submit bu the tools inability to record AJAX interactions makes it useless for us. Wish you guys supported AJAX.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:46 am 

nice one! kudos to the developers! loved this tool.. please update us for any new developments or enhancement of this great tool!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:44 am 

Yeah programmers should develop the above suggestion, it would be great.