ClickTale Support Forums

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Client Access
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:10 pm 

Will there be an ability in furture versions to enable clients of ClickTale enterprise users access to 'their' url data only?

In other words if I have several client urls under my ClickTale account - I would like to enable each client the ability to login and veiw only their user movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:33 pm 
Site Admin

There will be an option to create users and give them read-only access to some of your projects.

When? We have to do some research to see if this is smart business-wise and how many users want this service.

Arik.

Post subject: Re: Client Access
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:56 pm 

I second this feature request - something very similar to Google Analytics, where I can set up several domains for tracking, and then give clients access to only their domains. Google does it with Google ID's. The email newsletter program Mailbuild also works similarly. This would be brilliant for web designers!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:37 pm 

This will be needed if your service is to be a success. I don't see a choice in this. The service will inevitably get more sophisticated with time as you try to keep competitors at bay and offer more features to attract new users. As the offerings become more complex (and even now to a significant extent), it will be analytics experts that are able to make sense of the information and translate it to real-world results.

Search engine marketers and Analytics folks will want to create umbrella accounts to manage all of their clients; not one account for each; and this will require client-level access. Now one may ask: "why would the clients even need access if the data is too complex for them to comprehend?". While this may (eventually) be the case, clients will want to know what is being done for them. SEO is a painfully slow process and giving clients access to the Analytics information keeps them happy while the real work is taking place behind the scenes.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:20 am 

i agree to equinexus......
SEO is a painfully slow process and giving clients access to the Analytics information keeps them happy while the real work is taking place behind the scenes.....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:43 am 

[quote=Shephil100]i agree to equinexus......
SEO is a painfully slow process and giving clients access to the Analytics information keeps them happy while the real work is taking place behind the scenes.....[/quote]

Yes shephil100,

You are right. SEO takes time to work. It is also not something that can be done once and forgotten about. You need to work on it every day. Then slowly, but surely, you will start to see the results pay off.