ClickTale Support Forums

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:11 pm 

I'm sure other people would find it incredibly useful too if you could specify to only track a certain country.

Traffic to my magician site is only of use from the UK or England more specifically to me. So if possible it'd be nice to stop recording visitors from other places in the world who are just taking up places in my log.

Would it be possible to provide this feature?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:18 am 
Site Admin

Hey Sticky,

You can do that with some server-side scripting.
See example here: http://forum.clicktale.net/viewtopic.php?t=90

Regards,
Arik.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:23 pm 

Hi,

Sorry, I read that section of the forum after making my post as I didn't see a similar topic in the Feature Requests section. Anyway, thanks for your reply.

I've never really worked with PHP, so would you mind telling me how to implement that code?
Can I reference that code in my HTML pages like javascript or would I need to save them as .php's?

Thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:05 pm 
Site Admin

Hey,

That code is an example of how you can do that with PHP. You can implement this check with any server-side language, but if you aren't familiar with those you shouldn't probably attempt to do so.

The site in your signature is pure html site and you will not be able to implement this method with it unless you convert it to a PHP site.

You can either: 1) convert your site to PHP, ASP or similar 2) do nothing 4) get a bigger plan and record all the visitors or 3) find a way to monetize on your abroad visitors ;)

Enjoy,
Arik.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:32 pm 

Ok, thanks a lot for your help Arik :)
It isn't that important for the moment, just wondering for possible future use with a couple of other sites that are also UK specific as well.

If at all possible I think it would be a great feature for you to offer a client-side script that does the same thing, or your own server-side code that could be set up and referenced from a small amount of script in peoples HTML. Not sure if this is possible, but it would be a good addition to your already great services to think about providing in the future.

There is probably quite a few of your existing customers as well as potential customers, like myself, who would like the same feature, but aren't willing to convert their entire website to PHP.

Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:11 am 
Site Admin

stickmagic wrote:
If at all possible I think it would be a great feature for you to offer a client-side script that does the same thing, or your own server-side code that could be set up and referenced from a small amount of script in peoples HTML. Not sure if this is possible, but it would be a good addition to your already great services to think about providing in the future.

There is probably quite a few of your existing customers as well as potential customers, like myself, who would like the same feature, but aren't willing to convert their entire website to PHP.

I thought about this once again. It is indeed possible to do something like this without changing all the site to PHP. We don't have time at the moment to do something like this, but perhaps one of the users would like to write a little PHP script for our "Code samples" section (we do give away rewards).

A PHP file can be created that would get a list of countries (or other conditions) in the URL as parameters. If the conditions are met it will return a javascript file. If not, it will return nothing.

Then instead of <script src="...WRa.js" ...> you would use:
<script src="phppage.php?country=UK&okscript=WRa.js" ...>

You still need PHP, but the existing pages are not affected.

Anyone up to the challenge?

Arik.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Sticky,

Someone from our team is writing a solution that will allow you to do filtering based on visitor country (and also other parameters).
If you would like to help us beta test it, email supp...@clicktale.com .

Others are invited to contact about this as well.

Regards,
Arik.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:01 am 
Site Admin

TravisRundquist wrote:
Arik where can we get the solution to this? I'd also like to only track visitors from different countries. Woul it work with cms platforms such as wordpress?

Hi Travis,

Please see the PHP control script.

Regards,
Arik.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:04 pm 

Why mess with your site's code when you can export the results in bulk to a database or Excel and filter (Auto Filter) visitor data by country.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:09 am 

results in bulk to a database or Excel and filter (Auto Filter) visitor data by country.