ClickTale Support Forums

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:02 am 

Some of my recordings are a bit long, and what is the most important to me, is to see how the user behaves towards the end of the recording.

Currently I have to set the speed to 10x and set the skipping to maximum, and it still takes a little while to reach the end.

So is it possible to add like a scrubbing bar to the recording, in the same way as i.e. youtube works, so I can just scrub towards the end of the recording? Or at least add some kind of "jump to" function?

I think it would really improve ClickTale.

Regards,
Andreas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Andreas,

Thanks for the request. I have added it to our list of features.
Too early to say if/when it will be implemented.

Arik.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:38 am 

I think being able to jump straight to a particular point in a video would be a massive improvement.

I find that often I'm watching a video and something interesting happens part way through. To watch it again more closely, or on a slower playback speed, I don't think there's any option but to watch the entire video again. As you can imagine, it's a little frustrating to watch a 5+ minute video on 1x speed just to see a 5 second section towards the end properly!

A whole new timeline might be nice, but I think all that's really needed is the ability to click at an arbitrary point on the playback bar (the purple bar that shows the seconds counting forward), and have the video jump to that point. That's what I instinctively want to be able to do.

Well, it would also be really cool if you could drag the position of the bar along, like a fast-forward/rewind kind of thing. But that's just a nice to have... Just being able to click a point and have the playback resume there would be the most important thing as it would at least let you watch snippets again without a whole lot of waiting.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:58 am 

Hi,

Although it is not possible to jump to a particular point in the playback, it is possible to get to the point quickly:

You can play the recording at high speed, pause before the critical point and change the playback speed to X1 or X2 for the important part of the recording.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:52 pm 

Quote:
I think being able to jump straight to a particular point in a video would be a massive improvement.
I find that often I'm watching a video and something interesting happens part way through. To watch it again more closely, or on a slower playback speed, I don't think there's any option but to watch the entire video again. As you can imagine, it's a little frustrating to watch a 5+ minute video on 1x speed just to see a 5 second section towards the end properly! A whole new timeline might be nice, but I think all that's really needed is the ability to click at an arbitrary point on the playback bar (the purple bar that shows the seconds counting forward), and have the video jump to that point.

I'd also find this feature to be very useful. Bromley perfectly describes the problem and ideal solution. Any plans to release this feature?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:49 am 

This is not planned for the near future, however if you are interested in recordings of a certain page you can view recordings of it alone by going to our new page console section. Among this section's features is the page player, which allows you to view continuous recordings of the same page by different visitors. The console can also be generated for several pages which share the same URL prefix by selecting "URLs starting with". You can read more about the console here: http://blog.clicktale.com/2011/02/07/perfect-your-page-performance/.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:43 am 

Any news on this feature? I constantly find myself wanting to go back to a certain point in a page's recording. You display a timeline as if we could click on it. It's frustrating that we can't.

The value of your product would be greatly increased if you added this.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:54 am 

Have a look at heatmapedge.com, they have a Now feature. It skips the click playback and presents all the clicks on the page (in click order) with a click path (arrows from click a to b and so on). That's what you need. There is a demo on the home page (bottom right hand corner has the instructions).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:34 am 

Hi eformx,

Thank you for your input. We are constantly looking to add more features that will benefit our customers and provide with even better tools and reports.

I have let out Product department know about this feature request, and we will keep updating regarding where this stands on our road map.

Thank you.