ClickTale Support Forums

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Print heatmaps!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:08 am 

Hi Guys,

I would LOVE to be able to print heatmaps so I can then analyze them on my desk to see what page elements get the most attention.

I currently have to scroll a lot and it's difficult to get a feel for relative attention for different parts of the page.

I right clicked on the page and printed to PDF but it only printed the heatmap layer and not the actual page html underneath it.

I imagine this is a feature that not many people have thought of yet but would really love if they were aware of it.

Would that be hard to implement? Maybe a 'download PDF' link on the heatmap page? Maybe it also has the attention and visitors data overlayed or on a thin bar on the margin of the page?

That would be awesome!

Thanks!
John

Post subject: Re: Print heatmaps!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:51 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

We will consider adding this functionality in the future.
Meanwhile, please read this FAQ for a possible solution: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=208

Arik.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:55 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

Heatmap preparation for printing/capturing is currently broken and doesn't work as was originally designed.
We have a fix ready and will be releasing it on the next release.
Once it is out, you will be able to see the entire frame and then capture or print it in the correct ratio.

Regards,
Arik.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:37 am 

We tried to use screengrab as instructed here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=208&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

However every time we try to capture the heatmap disappears and only the underlying page + click percentages is stored. That's a real pity. I see a comment it was broken in March but would be fixed with a new release ? I presume there is a newer release ?

This is definitely a (one of the) make-or-break requirements for us to move into to a paid subscription: we need to be able to report to partners how their pages "have performed". Heat maps is an idiot-proof perfect solution for it.

Thanks !

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:03 am 
Site Admin

Hi Patrick,

We are not aware of any current issues with capturing the heatmap. Please provide more information. Are you capturing only the frame and not the surrounding area? What heatmaps are you capturing? Can you provide a sample of the result? Do you see the heatmap on the screenshot?

Regards,
Arik.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:29 pm 

I login. Go to scrolling heatmaps. Choose the test url we're using. Choose date range. Left mouse click icon in top right corner. Right mouse click icon in top corned of page. Screengrab, save, complete page/frame. At that moment the heatmap disappears and only the underlying page + clickthrough rate is visible. Saving image is as per attachment.

Attachments:
ClickTale Account -- Scrolling Heatmap & Link Analytics_1253949476458.jpg
ClickTale Account -- Scrolling Heatmap & Link Analytics_1253949476458.jpg [ 249.96 KiB | Viewed 27500 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:30 pm 

OK sorry about that. I thought it would create a link of attachment not load the whole image inside the comment!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:05 am 
Site Admin

Hi Patrick,

We were not able to reproduce this on our end.
Please open a ticket here http://subs.clicktale.net/CustomerSuppo ... ticket=483 and include the password for your account and the url you are trying to aggregate.

Also, make sure you are using the latest version of ScreenGrab and that your "ScreenGrab!" extension has to be in "Gecko Canvas" mode. Please verify the mode in "Firefox"->"Tools"->"Add-ons"->"Screen grab!"->"Options".

Arik.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:28 am 

Hi,

I've done so. Thanks so much. I appreciate it. As stated before: being able to export heatmaps is very important to us. Nice result though, the page behaves exactly as we expected but it's always cool to SEE you're right.... :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:38 am 
Site Admin

Issue was resolved by enabling Java support in the browser of the user.
ScreenGrab uses java to capture the page.