ClickTale Support Forums

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:07 am 

ClickTale is proud to announce our ASP.NET Integration Module. ClickTale users can download and begin using it now on ASP.NET 1.1 - 3.5 websites and applications to simplify ClickTale procedures.

The integration module allows for the automatic injection of ClickTale Script on to all outgoing pages and the automatic caching of page content. You'll be able to use ClickTale for recording pages that were previously problematic, including password protected pages, pages that depend on session objects, pages with random elements and POST processing pages.

The ClickTale Integration Module simplifies the use of ClickTale. It's features include:
- Automatic injection of ClickTale script to all outgoing pages.
- Automatic caching of page content.

The benefits of using this module are:
- Having a single location for your ClickTale script makes it easier for you to take advantage of the benefits that ClickTale provides.
- ClickTale will be able to record all sorts of problematic pages such as: password protected pages, pages that depend on session objects, pages with random elements and POST processing pages.

We have been using the module in the members area of our website for some time and have now decided to release it to all of our users.
With this release we are targeting web developers and development departments of online companies. Use of this module requires some technical knowledge.
This module isn't appropriate to you if you have a PHP or a classic ASP site or if you would like to inject the script into static HTML files. See our forum for other solution.
We are starting with a beta period where we will provide extensive support to users who will be using the module.
Download the ZIP file and read the installation instructions to start working.

If you need help use this thread or email aspn...@clicktale.com for support.

Regards,
ClickTale team.

Last edited by Artem on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Question
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:39 pm 

Do you still need to make the cookieless="Autodetect" settings to make this work with session variables and forms authentication. I switched to using the asp.net intergration module and now I get an error while trying to view recordings.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

No. You don't need to change cookie detection mode.
The "ASP.NET module" is a different and a more advanced integration technique. What is described in http://forum.clicktale.net/vi ... .php?t=204 (Supporting ASP.NET 2.0 sessions and Forms Authentication) is now less relevant.

What kind of an error are you receiving? Is that a generic "caching failed" message?

Arik.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:06 am 

I am recieving and error that the recordering could not be retrieved and may be a member only page or communication error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:20 am 

Looking at it some more it seems the integration module does'nt seem to be recordering. I also can't seem to get the debug.ashx file to pull up.

I confirmed the dll in in the bin directory and all the settings are in the web.config. It is outputting the top and bottom script tag properly.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:26 am 

I installed the sql database so I could find out if it was recording and it seems to be recording the pages. Basically it looks like the .ashx files aren't registering properly. Do I need to add a httphandler section to map the .ashx files?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

mister,

Can you email us to supp...@clicktale.com and include your username and website url?

We will investigate this.

Arik.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:47 pm 

The problem was a bug in our module. The bug was fixed in the current version (1.2). You can download the latest version of the plugin from the same link as the previous one.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:48 pm 

There was a serious issue with our .NET 1.1 version of the module. Our module caused some NET 1.1 webpages to output their content several times. The issue was fixed in version 1.3 of the module and can be downloaded from the original download link.

Thank you,
Artem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:41 pm 

Hi, i've followed all the steps but the script is not being added to my pages.

I have the library and script file updated and in place, the config section handler and the config section, and the http module registered. I can navigate to the ClickTaleDebug.ashx and all information appears correctly.

Have i missed something?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

Email the URL of your site to art...@clicktale.com and we will check it.

Arik.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:03 am 

is this valid for asp .net 3.5?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:37 am 
Site Admin

Hi thecat,

We believe the module will work on .NET 3 and 3.5 sites . We will test this and post in this thread once we know the answer.

Regards,
Arik.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:34 am 
Site Admin

thecat wrote:
is this valid for asp .net 3.5?

Hi, we tested the module successfully on ASP.NET 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 sites.
Please post if you are having any issues.

ClickTale team.