ClickTale Support Forums

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:31 am 

Hello,

I've successfully installed the plug-in, added the ClickTale top and bottom section codes and Wordpress seems to be happy.

However, I was expecting to see the top and bottom sections of code added to my site and that's not happening. Should I see it, or does the code work automagically? My Project hasn't recorded any visitors yet, hence the question. Although, it's very possible no one has visited yet...

Thanks in advance,
Tim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:04 am 
Site Admin

Hi Tim,

This can happen when having a valid installation with a module. The modules have a "do not process" feature when a special ClickTale cookie is present. The cookie is called WRUID and you can find the configuration of this parameter in your "ClickTale Plugin Options", "Advanced features" section.
This is an optimization technique. A presence of this cookie signals that the visitor is classified as not to record (most commonly due to recording ratio being less than 100%) and allows the module to "skip" processing.
It is important to mention, that new visitors are not yet classified, and WILL receive the tracking code if the module is installed correctly.
To test you module you can wait until you record a visitor who has been classified positively, use a cookie editor to reset the WRUID cookie or set the WRUID cookie to a numeric value that is greater than 0.

Please also see: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=562&hilit=wruid

Regards,
Arik.