ClickTale Support Forums

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:23 am 

The ClickTale control script is a PHP script intended to help you filter the visitors you want to record.
It allows you to set filters, such as time, day of the week, IP address, country, referral address & URL.

The script will allow you to control exactly who you want to record.
The script is easy to install and is available for download here.
Full documentation can be found here.

If you need help, use this thread or email phpc...@clicktale.com for support.

Regards,
ClickTale team.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:49 am 

I'm wanting to try out ClickTale on my site. I thought I'd try by first installing the code, but limiting it to just record my own sessions. So I grabbed this script. I've set it up how I think it should be, and have set up the following in my ClickTaleControl.ini file:

[ip]
filter = "whitelist"
[ip_list]
ip_mask1 = "x.x.x.x"

Where x.x.x.x is my IP address. Sure enough if I visit ClickTaleControl.php I get the javascript served. However, if I change x.x.x.x to a different IP address, say 1.2.3.4, and reload ClickTaleControl.php then I still get the js served - I would have expected not to ...

I have rec_repeat_always = "off" - any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:47 pm 

Hah, worked it out - I'm dumb :)

x.x.x.x should have been x.x.x.x/255.255.255.255

I hadn't realised that a netmask was mandatory!

Post subject: Re: PHP Control Script
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:40 pm 

Is the ip blacklist feature available for C#? What does the resulting javascript look like?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:28 am 
Site Admin

The control script is implemented in PHP. You can use it on an IIS server with a ASP.NET site if you have PHP installed in your IIS.

There is no implementation of a control script in ASP or C#. If all you are looking for is an IP filter functionality you can probably implement that easily.
In your master file, where you have the ClickTale bottom code embedded, put the ClickTale block in an 'if' statement and write a condition to check for the IP of the caller.

Regards,
Arik.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:05 am 

Hello,

the link to the zip file above doesn't work. is there an updated location? are the instructions still valid?

I'm looking for a way to ignore all activity from people at the company (i.e. ignore group of IP addresses).

Thanks,
-n

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:49 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

Due to relocation of the integration resources to a new location today, some links became broken.
Thanks to your attention it is now fixed.

You are welcome to use this script, the instructions are valid and up to date.

Regards,
Arik.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:00 pm 

awesome thanks. Congrats on a great tool, just purchased it and am loving it...

-n

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:15 pm 

Do you guys have a similar IP filtering procedure written in ASP Classic by any chance?

Thanks,

Ed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:45 am 
Site Admin

EdTF wrote:
Do you guys have a similar IP filtering procedure written in ASP Classic by any chance?

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed,

We don't, but you may want to take a look at this resource: http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general/ho ... ation.html

Also note, that you can use the PHP control script even if your site is classic ASP, as long as your server can also run PHP.

Arik.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:09 pm 

As feedback for future releases, a server-side rules manager (like Google Analytics'?) would be a much easier solution.

:D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:30 am 
Site Admin

cdaa wrote:
As feedback for future releases, a server-side rules manager (like Google Analytics'?) would be a much easier solution.

:D

Hi,

What is this "server-side rules manager" that you are describing?

Arik.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:33 pm 

I am getting the following message after I run: http://mysite.com/includes/ClickTale/Cl ... ontrol.php

<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Use of undefined constant dirname - assumed 'dirname' in <b>/var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/includes/ClickTale/ClickTaleControl_lib5.php</b> on line <b>438</b><br />

var WRWarn="Copyright 2006-2009 ClickTale Ltd., US Patent Pending",WRA,WRD=document,WRAS=location,WRA4=false,WRA5,WRv,WRL,WRE=".clicktale.net/",WRAP="http://s.clicktale.net/",WRn,WRB=new Array(),WRw,ClickTaleCookieDomain,ClickTaleUnloadPause=500,ClickTaleEventsMask=255-128,ClickTaleFetchFrom,ClickTaleCookieExpiryDays=365,WRAf,WRAT,WRAU,WRAV,WRAW;(function(a){if(a.search(/www\.\w+\.\w+/i)==0){ClickTaleCookieDomain=a.substring(4,a.length)}})(WRD.domain);WRA6();if(WRA4){WRA7("note1: entering debug mode, ClickTale script is installed")}if(typeof WRInitTime=="undefined"){var WRInitTime=(new Date()).getTime();if(WRA4){WRA7("warning1: top ClickTale script is missing in the page")}}if(WRD.addEventListener){WRD.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",WRondomload,false)}WRn=WRp();if(WRn&&WRn.substr(0,2)=="IE"){WRD.write('<script id="ClickTaleDefer" defer="defer" src=//:><\/script>');(function(a){if(a){a.onreadystatechange=function(){if(this.readyState=="complete"){WRondomload()}}}})(WRD.getElementById("ClickTaleDefer"))}WRw=(WRD.compatMode=="BackCompat");WRv=(WRw?WRD.body:WRD.documentElement);WRo(window,"load",WRf);function ClickTale(d,e,a){if(WRAf){if(WRA4){WRA7("error3: Monitoring has already started")}throw"CT: Monitoring has already started"}if(ClickTaleIsPlayback()){return}if(e==undefined){e=1}if(WRA4){WRA7("note2: preparing to record (ver "+11.4+") for project id "+d);if(e==1){WRA7("note3: recording all visitors to this page")}else{WRA7("note3: recording approximately 1 of every "+Math.ceil(1/e)+" visitors to this page")}}if(!WRn){if(WRA4){WRA7("warning2: the current browser is not supported")}return}if(WRAS.protocol=="file:"){if(WRA4){WRA7("warning3: the current protocol is not supported")}return}if(WRl("WRIgnore")){if(WRA4){WRA7("warning6: the current machine/user is temporarily disabled for recording")}return}WRL=WRl("WRUID");var c=false;if(WRL==null){c=true;if(Math.random()<e){WRL=WRAg()}else{WRL=0}}WRk("WRUID",WRL,ClickTaleCookieExpiryDays);if(WRL==0||(WRl("WRUID")==null&&e!=1)){if(WRA4){WRA7("warning4: the current machine/user is disabled for recording")}return}if(!a){a="www"}WRE="http://"+a+WRE;if(typeof ClickTaleSSL!="undefined"){if((ClickTaleSSL==1&&WRAS.protocol=="https:")||ClickTaleSSL==2){WRAP=WRE=WRE.replace(/^http/,"https")}}WRAf=true;WRC({a:"start",t:WRI()});WRA=d;var b=new Image();b.src=WRE+"i/"+WRA+".gif?r="+e+"&UID="+WRL+(c?"&new":"")+"&"+WRH();b.onerror=function(){b.onload=null;b.onerror=null;WRA8()};b.onload=function(){b.onload=null;b.onerror=null;WRG(b)}}function ClickTaleIsPlayback(){try{return parent&&parent.WebPlayer}catch(a){}return false}function WRG(b){var c=WRD.createElement("script");c.src=WRAP+"WRb4"+(b.width>1?"S"+b.width:"")+"b.js";var a=WRD.getElementById("ClickTaleDiv");if(!a){a=WRD.getElementById("ClickTale")}if(a){a.appendChild(c);if(WRA4){WRA7("note4: preparing for stage 2")}}else{if(WRA4){WRA7("error1: no 'ClickTale' DIV element found in this page")}}}function WRA8(){if(WRA4){WRA7("error2: unable to record because either there are no credits for project or communication may be down")}WRk("WRIgnore",true,ClickTaleCookieExpiryDays?0.007:false)}function WRH(){return Math.floor(Math.random()*2147483647)}function WRAg(){return WRH()+"."+(WRInitTime&2147483647)}function WRI(){return(new Date()).getTime()-WRInitTime}function WRC(a){if(typeof WRc=="function"){WRc(a)}else{if(WRB.push){WRB.push(a)}}}function WRf(){WRC({a:"load",w:WRs(),h:WRt(),sw:WRv.scrollWidth,sh:WRv.scrollHeight,cw:WRv.clientWidth,ch:WRv.clientHeight,t:WRI()})}function WRs(){return self.innerWidth||WRv.offsetWidth}function WRt(){return self.innerHeight||WRv.offsetHeight}function WRk(c,d,e){if(e){var b=new Date();b.setTime(b.getTime()+(e*86400000));var a="; expires="+b.toGMTString()}else{var a=""}WRD.cookie=c+"="+d+a+"; path=/;"+(ClickTaleCookieDomain?" domain="+ClickTaleCookieDomain+";":"")}function WRl(b){var e=b+"=";var a=WRD.cookie.split(";");for(var d=0;d<a.length;d++){var f=a[d];while(f.charAt(0)==" "){f=f.substring(1,f.length)}if(f.indexOf(e)==0){return f.substring(e.length,f.length)}}return null}function ClickTaleGetSID(){return typeof WRSID=="number"?WRSID:null}function ClickTaleGetUID(){var a=WRl("WRUID");return a>0?a:null}function ClickTaleTag(a){WRC({a:"tag",c:a,t:WRI()})}function ClickTaleNote(a){WRC({a:"note",c:a,t:WRI()})}function ClickTaleField(b,a){WRC({a:"field",f:b,v:a,t:WRI()})}function ClickTaleExec(a){WRC({a:"exec",c:a,t:WRI()})}function ClickTaleIgnore(a){WRk("WRUID",0,a)}function ClickTaleUploadPage(a,b){if(WRAf){throw"CTUP: Monitoring has already started"}WRAT=true;WRAV=a;WRAW=b;if(WRAU&&typeof WRAh=="function"){WRAh()}}function WRondomload(){if(ClickTaleIsPlayback()||WRAU){return}var b=WRD.getElementById("ClickTaleDefer");if(b){b.parentNode.removeChild(b)}var a=new RegExp('(<div id="?ClickTaleDiv"?[^>]+>)\\s*<script[^>]+><\/script>\\s*(</div>)',"i");WRAU=WRD.documentElement.innerHTML.replace(a,"$1$2");WRC({a:"domload",t:WRI()});if(typeof WRAX=="function"){WRAX()}if(WRAT&&typeof WRAh=="function"){WRAh()}}function WRA6(){if(ClickTaleIsPlayback()){return}WRA9(WRAS.hash.substr(1));WRA9(WRAS.search.substr(1))}function WRA9(d){var c=d.split("&");for(var b=0;b<c.length;b++){var e=c[b].split("=");var a=decodeURIComponent(e[0]).toLowerCase();if(e.length==2&&(a=="ct"||a=="clicktale")){WRBA(decodeURIComponent(e[1]))}}}function WRBA(d){var c=d.split(",");for(var b=0;b<c.length;b++){switch(c[b].toLowerCase()){case"debug":WRD.write('<textarea id="ClickTaleDebugDump" rows="5" cols="80" style="position: absolute; left:10px; top:10px; border: solid #6C358D;"></textarea>');WRA5=WRD.getElementById("ClickTaleDebugDump");if(WRA5){WRA5.value=""}WRA4=true;break;case"enable":WRk("WRIgnore",null,-1);var a=WRl("WRUID");if(a==null||a==0){WRk("WRUID",WRAg(),ClickTaleCookieExpiryDays)}break;case"disable":WRk("WRUID",0,ClickTaleCookieExpiryDays);break;case"reset":WRk("WRUID",null,-1);break;default:if(/^t\(.+\)$/i.test(c[b])){ClickTaleTag(c[b].substring(2,c[b].length-1))}else{if(WRA4){WRA7("warning5: unknown parameter in URL: "+c[b])}}break}}}function WRA7(a){if(WRA5){WRA5.value+=(a+"\n")}else{alert("CT: "+a)}}function WRp(){var a=navigator.userAgent;if(a.indexOf("Opera ")!=-1){return}if(a.indexOf("MSIE 8.0")!=-1){return"IE8"}if(a.indexOf("MSIE 7.0")!=-1){return"IE7"}if(a.indexOf("MSIE 6.0")!=-1){return"IE6"}if(a.indexOf("Firefox/3.5")!=-1){return"FF35"}if(a.indexOf("Firefox/3.0")!=-1){return"FF30"}if(a.indexOf("Firefox/2.0")!=-1){return"FF20"}if(a.indexOf("Firefox/1.5")!=-1){return"FF15"}}function WRo(c,a,b){if(c.addEventListener){c.addEventListener(a,b,false)}else{if(c.attachEvent){c.attachEvent("on"+a,b)}}};

Is this OK? Does it mean the script is running correctly or not? Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:19 am 
Site Admin

Hi ay2010,

We will check this. What version of PHP are you using?

Regards,
Arik.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:33 am 

Hi Arik,

We are using php 5.2.9.

Thanks.