ClickTale Support Forums

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Tagging your page
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:35 am 

Hi. I have implemented CT codes to my shopping page. I also tagged it to a single sale. Do you have any ideas what else could or should be tagged?

Looking forward for any suggestions.
Paul

Post subject: Re: Tagging your page
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:33 pm 

Hi Paul,

It's hard to say without seeing your actual cart, but here a a few ideas that should apply to most checkout pages.

Things you can tag:
1. The Cancel button. While it's interesting to see purchases, you can learn a lot more from watching videos of customers who changed their mind. This will help you understand if you need to fight buyer's remorse and at what point in your checkout do most visitors change their mind.

2. Modify Quantity Button. Do customers usually add or remove items? What effect does it have the the checkout process? This will also help you figure out if customers need help deciding how much of your product they need.

3. Links to the items in the cart. If your cart displays links back to the product page, then it would be a good idea to tag these links. A visitor who goes back to the product page before purchasing is indecisive. Seeing what visitors look at when they go back to the product page will help you understand what features and messages you need to promote to re-assure your customers of their purchase.

4. Help or Contact us button/link. It can be very helpful to see what items a visitor abandoned in the cart in order to ask a question.

5. All of the "continue to checkout" buttons and cancel buttons along the way. Most sites have more than one step along the way to checking out, this will help you identify where (and why) in the process you lose sales.

Post subject: Re: Tagging your page
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:28 am 

Hey Paul, Although I am new to the forum but I have some suggestion for your page. I think you should tag cancel and help button. Actually both these tags are important and beneficial in the page. So I would recommend both these page to tag.